I.Project Application and Feasibility Study
1)Applied for Project supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China: 104 applications in various fields were made during the centralized handling of application for the year of 2009, including 44 general projects, 47 projects for support by Science Foundation for Young Scientists, 4 projects for support by State Key Program of National Natural Science of China, 3 projects for support by Major Research Plan of National Natural Science Foundation of China, 4 projects for support by National Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholars of China, and another 2 projects. All of the 104 projects for which application was made have passed the preliminary screening and entered into the stage of online appraisal.
2)Key Laboratory of Computer System and Architecture accomplished the application for and defense of Creative Research Group, National Science Foundation of China.
3)Professor Sun Ninghui accomplished the application for and defense of National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars of China.
4)Applied for Important National Science & Technology Special Projects. ICT submitted application for support for “Nucleobase”, “New Generation Broadband Wireless Communication” and “Homemade CPU Based Top Grade Digital Control Device” projects for the year of 2009, including 4 “Nucleobase” and cooperation projects, 7 special and collaboration projects of new generation broadband wireless communication. Under the direct coordination of Bureau of High-Tech Research and Development, Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Institute joined hands with Shenyang Institute of Computing Technology and Shenyang Institute of Automation in applying for Important National Science & Technology Special Project --- “Homemade CPU Based Top Grade Digital Control Device”. So far, all the above-mentioned projects have passed the preliminary evaluation and re-evaluation. We are now expecting approval by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology for project establishment.
5)Applied for support for “Research into Relevant Standards Concerning Green Internet” project by National Development and Reform Commission. Passing defense stage already and waiting for the approval.
6)Applied for support for 19 projects by Natural Science Foundation of Beijing, China and the projects entered into evaluation stage.
7)Project argumentation meeting for “Key Technology and Prototype System for National Network Shooting Range”, a project supported by CAS’ Knowledge Innovation Program, was held at ICT on June 10th, and the feasibility study report won the approval. Project proposal submitted and project establishment to be approved.
8)Project argumentation meeting for “Radio and TV Program Oriented Gesture Language Integrated System”, a project applying for support under CAS’ Program of Scientific and Technological Support for the Disabled of the Academy was held on June 19 at ICT, and the feasibility study report was approved. Project proposal submitted and project establishment to be approved by CAS.
II.Approval for Project and Project Establishment
1. Approval for 8 projects supported by the State 863 Program was obtained:
1)Zhang Liang, Research of Key Technology for Embedded High Sensitivity Real Time Software GNSS Receiver, Project No. 2009AA12Z315, obtaining special funds of 850,000 yuan;
2)Cheng Zhenlin, R&D of Key Technology for New Software and Hardware Architecture Based Network Map Server, Project No. 2009AA12Z315, obtaining special funds of 850,000 yuan;
3)Fang Jinyun, Advanced Computational Architecture Based High Performance Middleware for Spatial Analysis, Project No. 2009AA12Z226, obtaining special funds of 3.84 million yuan;
4)Xiong Jin, Research and Realization of Hybrid Protocol Storage System, Project No. 2009AA12Z139, obtaining special funds of 2.9 million yuan;
5)Fan Dongrui, Research of Key Technology for Runtime System Integrating Many Core Structural Feature, Project No. 2009AA01Z103, obtaining special funds of 840,000 yuan;
6)Zhang Ge, Research of Low Power Consumption System Structure of Chip Multiprocessor, Project No 2009AA01Z125, obtaining special funds of 690,000 yuan;
7)Zhan Jianfeng, Technology for Runtime Power Consumption Control of Data Center, Project No.2009AA01Z128, obtaining special funds of 720,000 yuan;
8)Song Yuqing, Application of Semantics Based Multi Feature Combination in Tracking, Project No. 2009AA01Z317, obtaining special funds of 890,000 yuan.
2. Won the approval for 1 project supported by 973 Program in 2009: Chen Xilin, Research of Video Encoding Oriented Visual Computation Model and Method, Project No. 2009CB320902, obtaining special funds of 2.08 million yuan.
3. Won the approval for “Research of Core Technology for Broadband Wireless Mobile Multimedia and Exemplary Application”, a project supported by CAS’ Knowledge Innovation Program. Professor Shi Jinglin undertook one of the subprojects, and the Academy granted 3 million yuan to support the research of the subproject.
4. “National Engineering Laboratory for Information Content Security Technology” was approved by National Development and Research Commission, with Academician Fang Binxing as Dean of the Laboratory and Professor Guo Li as Standing Deputy Director. The State allocated 15 million yuan for this project
5. Won the approval for 26 general projects, 1 project of international cooperation and 1 project of foreign exchange and cooperation for the year of 2009, all of which supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China.
6. Won the approval for 4 projects supported by Natural Science Foundation of Beijing, China for the year of 2009, 1 project supported by Class A Science and Technology New Star Program.
III.Mid-Term Review, Acceptance and Appraisal of the Projects
1. On April 16, 2009, Achievement Appraisal Meeting was organized in Beijing by CAS for “Dawning-5000A High Performance Computer (hereinafter refereed to as Dawning-5000A)” (Project No.: 2006AA01A102), a project under “High Efficiency Computer and Grid Service Environment” Major Project in information industry under 863 Program. It was jointly undertaken by Institute of Computing Technology, Dawning Information Industry (Beijing) Co., Ltd and Shanghai Supercomputer Center. The Committee of Accreditation agreed unanimously upon its achievements.
2. On April 27, 2009, the Acceptance Expert Group for innovation projects of ICT conducted acceptance check over the innovative projects above 500,000 yuan deployed in 2007. Acceptance check was conducted for 3 projects, “Research of Multimode Information Based Network Video Frequency Analysis and Monitoring Technology”, “Research of Key Issue of Computational Proteomics” and “R&D and Example of Key Technology for Low Cost Informatization”. The Committee of Accreditation agreed unanimously upon the passing of the 3 projects.
3. On May 26, 2009, High Technology Research and Development Center, Ministry of Science and Technology hosted at ICT the acceptance meeting of “Digital Audio and Visual Content Integration and Distribution Platform”, an exemplary project of generic technology support system and application in modern service industry, and a key national science and technology support project during the “11th 5-Year Plan” period. It was undertaken and led by ICT, CAS. Acceptance Expert Group agreed unanimously on the acceptance of the project.
4. The first group of projects under 863 Program advanced by Ministry of Science and Technology during the 11th Five Year Plan Period entered into acceptance stage. Currently, the Scientific Research Section is organizing persons in charge of the projects to conduct acceptance related work following the notice of Ministry of Science and Technology. In all, 12 projects under 863 Program are going to be put under acceptance check.